Tuesday 27 May 2014

Summer Stuff

Well it seems I have around 4 months worth of free time ahead of me. Though confident that I've at least passed the first year of my course I' don't think I've done as well as I could of, or at least I feel that my skill level is nowhere near what it needs to be for me to be successful in the 2nd year. So this summer is going to be a summer of studies and practise. 

Looking back on my work there's a lot wrong with it technically, and although I've been going out and drawing a lot though the course I feel that now I would benefit a bit from sitting at home and learning from books for awhile,since I've found myself just drawing without thinking too much about what I'm doing, Which is something I want to change. Obviously I've improved from where I started but I've still got to push it. I also need to keep doing 3D work so I don't get out of the habit of it.  There's a vague idea of a bigger project in my head that I could work on over the summer, but I'm not quite sure if its doable right now so more on that later. The biggest aim of this summer for me is to  apply what I've learned beyond studies, so every week with whatever I'm studying I'll draw at least one illustration from imagination since I've  kind of lost how to do that during this course. Something that I used to do all the time took a back seat somewhat as I adjusted to the workload of the first year, neglecting my personal work, now I can get back to that. As for the blog I'll be documenting my progress every week with what's been happening. To starts things off here are a few things I drew in the week before heading back home.
Some studies from Newark Museum in Leicester

Random WIPs inspired by passer-bys


No comments:

Post a Comment