As well as the above concepting I took one of my favourite areas of the level, the alleyway and attempted a paint over of it, again I realised that that wasn't really the best time to do that, having so much work to get through. So instead I just made a basic sketch over the screenshot to get a basic idea of what I want it to look like. Maybe when I get the time I'll learn how to effectively photobash concepts, but for this project I unfortunately don't have the time to learn and practise the skill to the point where it'd be helpful for the project.
Close to the end of the week I figured that it was time to start modelling some assets. My main aim in 3D is to focus on the assets that go directly onto the container homes, though I threw in some general street assets as well. These are all Modelled, unwrapped, and ready to be textured.
I plan to dedicate this week to texturing these assets and creating the materials for all of the duplicate containers of the level. I'd also like to sort out lighting of this level, make it more like the thumbnails I drew out. This should bring the project out of the white box stage into something even more solid. Though I plan to be more organised with my work this week, it is looking up to be another mishmash of work as the project passes the half way point. There's a lot of bits and pieces to be done and I seem lined up to do a lot of them. Here's hoping that my group can get this level to almost completion by the end of the week.