Monday 27 October 2014

Week 4: Film Room Finale!

This week was the final week of the film room project and I'm glad that everything wrapped up nicely for this and I am very happy with how the final shot came out.


I was having trouble figuring out what to write for this blog post, the highlight of the week was completing this project, but there weren't any massive issues that came up. It was all pretty organised and business as usual, at least when it came to my part in this project. So I decided to dedicate this post to some self reflection.

Honestly, I don't really feel like I did enough in this project, overall I did not push myself as much as I could of. In first year it was a struggle for me to do most of the aspects of 3D modelling, concepting, texturing etc. Now I think I can complete the whole process somewhat comfortably (though I still need to work on my speed), I have to raise the bar for myself, in both my 3D and 2D work. So I'll be looking to do that with this weeks project.

My pictures of the week are some fabric studies. Since there was no model for life drawing this week a still life of various types of cloth were set up. I decided to zoom in on some particular folds of the cloth for my final and it turned out pretty well. But I realised that I don't often draw cloth, or at least I don't pay much attention to how folds and creases in fabric work, so I decided to do a few more studies in my spare time.




It was good doing some studies near the end of the week, as the group project wound down. I should get back to doing studies in my spare time, as I have been completely neglecting doing any since university started back up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment